Your Job is Political: Tech Money in Politics (sources)
Sources from my talk Your Job is Political: Tech Money in Politics.
National spending (post)
- California tech sector now an inside political player
- The tech moguls and organizations pushing for immigration reform
- Tech Spending on Lobbying Jumps
- Silicon Valley's $7M Khanna-Honda CA-17 race for Congress draws tech, labor, Super PACs
- Facebook Is Quietly Making Friends With State Lawmakers Across The Country
Six Californias (post)
- Six Californias: A Tim Draper Idea Just as Madcap as the Others
- Startup mogul's University of Heroes degree is a BA in BS
- Indecent Proposition: Billionaire Tim Draper Buries Vouchers Trying to Raise Them
- State Board of Education Responsibilities
Reed Hastings (post)
- Initiatives' VC backers get crash course in politics
- California Rainmakers #7: Reed Hastings
- Is Charter School Co-Location Tearing Public Schools Apart?
- Public school parents upset about Prop 39 colocation rules
- California Charter Schools Association: Advocacy > About Proposition 39 (Facilities)
Tech Money and The Charter School Movement (post)
- Disrupting the Education Monopoly: Reed Hastings interview
- Rocketship Spins Off Launchpad Development Company
- How is Silicon Valley shaping ed reform?
- Schooled: Cory Booker, Chris Christie, and Mark Zuckerberg had a plan to reform Newark’s schools. They got an education.
$chool Board Races (post)
- Big money in play in Oakland school board campaigns
- PAC money floods local school board races
- Pro-charter school PACs flood West Contra Costa school board elections with spending
- Why Are Teach for America and a California Billionaire Investing in a Minnesota School Board Race?
- Following the school reform money
- Netflix's Reed Hastings has a big idea: Kill elected school boards
Follow The Money (post)
- Reed Hastings On How To Build A $20 Billion Education Juggernaut
- As the ed-tech sector swells, can vendors deliver results?
- The Adaptive Learning App that John Danner Left Rocketship to Build
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, VC John Doerr invest $14.5M in DreamBox Learning
- What Happens When Your Teacher Is a Video Game? Education reformers want to use technology in the classroom—for almost everything.
- Ed Tech Startups Transform Learning
- Who's Investing in Ed-Tech?: Tech Investors and Their Education Portfolios
- Need To Grow Your EdTech Startup? Edtech Incubators Are Popping Up Everywhere
- Venture Capitalists Are Poised to "Disrupt" Everything About the Education Market
Ron Conway (post)
- LEAKED: All Of Ron Conway's Investments Since 2005
- As Mayor Edwin M. Lee Cultivates Business, Treatment of Backer is Questioned
- How Airbnb Bought a San Francisco Short-Term Rental Law, Lawsuit Alleges
- Can smart guns slash gun violence? Silicon Valley says yes
- Tech Investors Target Gun Safety
"Community" means police (post)
- NetAppVoice: A Public-Private Partnership Turns San Francisco Police Into High-Tech Super Cops
- Shots Heard, Pinpointed and Argued Over
- ShotSpotter Lobbied Oakland Officials In Apparent Violation of Law
- Oakland’s Shotspotter Equipment Records Voice Conversations
- OaklandWiki: Domain Awareness Center
- The Real Purpose of Oakland's Surveillance Center
- Oakland emails give another glimpse into the Google-Military-Surveillance Complex